Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dawn's Testimony

     I was raised in a Christian home and accepted Christ as my savior as a young child.  Abortion was never a consideration for me or something I ever thought I would do. When I was 21 my sin finally caught up with me.  It was bound to happen and when I found myself in a situation of an unplanned pregnancy I panicked. The boy panicked too and quickly told me to take care of it. I was so afraid to tell my parents, what an embarrassment and disappointment I would be to them. The devil told me every reason why I should go through with the abortion; I bought the lies and rationalized my choice. The decision was made, the money delivered, he was nice enough to pay for it, and the appointment set. Please no I don't blame him, I'm sure he has a hole deep in his heart too from such a loss. After my abortion I wanted to forget and I shut it out of my mind.  Only a hand full of people knew my best friends and the boyfriend of one of them who was nice enough to take me and sit and hold my hand in the waiting room then drive me home after. I never spoke of the vomiting in the recovery  room, the coldness i felt from the nurse , the aloneness i felt. It was never spoke of again. Through my silence during the years that followed, God was doing a work far greater than I could have ever known then.  You see 2 years later I found myself pregnant again, I know I'm very stubborn, but God’s plan was amazing.  I chose life. It wasn't easy, i told my paretns  about the abortion first , I think they knew deep down . I would tell my sisters later, you see abortion affects more than just the Mother, there are so many other people that are hurt by this action. Now to present tense, and the next child i would have,  What a gift that 13 year old boy is.I believe with all my heart God used him to change my life, my heart, and begin a journey of healing in my life that would take place over the next several years.  God not only gave me a special son, he also brought us a special guy! He married both of us and we are truly blessed beyond measure. You see God took a terrible choice I made and turned it all around into something beautiful! How can I not share how good He is? I know I am not alone and My prayer is for you to find the courage to be freed from your past and believe what God says about you too ! He paid the highest price for you, He is waiting for you , He wants you to walk in Freedom and Abundance,  You are not alone in your journey! Reach out ! take the first step, you won't regret it ! Blessings from one sister to the next.
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment